Friday, March 28, 2008

Suicidal Allergies!

Hey-Just when I thought it was safe to go outside and smell the flowers, I realized that I should kill myself first...

Wait a minute. Wait just a suicidal moment....Did I take Singulair?

Poor Merck & Co. Just after finalizing a class action suit against them for their Vioxx mess, coping with it's Vytorin failure, and preparing for the back lash from the Fosomax fall out, they are hit with this today: "The FDA Announces that it believes Merck's Singulair allergy medicine causes people to commit suicide!"

Now, I don't know about you, but I prefer seasonal allergy's itchy nose and watery eyes to DEATH! ( I am sure most women prefer having monthly periods instead of quarterly ones to cancer and death as well, but that's a matter for another post...)

Singulair, (which accounts for $4.3 billion in sales this year alone), is one of the most prescribed and highly marketed asthma and allergy drugs..we await the FDA's findings, but Merck has already included :"....suicidal thinking and behaviors..." to it's list of possible side effects on the label of Singulair.

Gee....and I thought constipation was bad! Yeesh...

As the title says, medicine's side effects are many times worse that the problem they are treating.

Why not try safe, effective, green and holistic Chiropractic instead? None of the patients kills themselves after an adjustment, I promise!

Health Angel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sick and tired of all the drug company ads. Americans are basically lazy and prefer to pop pills than to get off their fat butts, eat healthy, excercise and live a holistic lifestyle. I live it and have 2 beautiful healthy toddlers to prove just how great an option it is. But try preaching to a deaf choir...just doesn't seem to work. Right on Health Angel...maybe someone out there will listen!

HealthAngel said...

Thank you for your comment!